Top Menu

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

SharePoint 2013 - Document Management

In this post I will explain how a Document Management System using SharePoint 2013 can be designed for an Enterprise.

I had a requirement at my work for designing a Document Management using SharePoint 2013 and here is my proposed design.

Background:
Document Center
Document Center site is designed to managed an enterprise's live documents. Users can perform different functions like create, upload, edit, check-out/in, document set, search etc on a document.

Records Center
Records Center site is designed to retain the expired/retired documents which are no longer required in a project but an enterprise keeps them for the record.

Design:
The whole life cycle would be, user will create the document on his machine and then upload it to the Document Center where a unique DocumentID will be assigned to it. The document will be live at that point, meaning it will be available for edit, check-out/check-in, search etc in the Document Center. When its time to retire the document, it will be sent to Record Center where it will be available as a Read-Only Document.

User should also be able to send email with attachments to the Document Center too.

Implementation:
 http://mysplist.blogspot.com/2014/03/sharepoint-2013-document-management_12.html

4 comments:

  1. I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic. I need to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this information for my mission.
    Document Management Software
    Document Management Software India

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your technique of writing a blog. I book marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my website as well and let me know your opinion.
    Document Management Software
    Electronic Document Management System
    Cloud Document Management System
    Document Management System
    Electronic Document Management Software

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with the information.. Document Management Software is the application of tools and techniques to organize the project activities. document workflow india

    ReplyDelete

Official SharePoint Documentation

I have recently contributed to the official SharePoint documentation for developement. Check it out here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us...